Become a GreenMakerSPACE Mentor
Are you an experienced entrepreneur or business leader looking to advance the global cleantech economy? Become a GreenMakerSPACE mentor and help accelerate entrepreneurs and emerging companies across the United States, Israel, and China.
The GreenMakerSPACE mentorship program provides a unique opportunity for “green” entrepreneurs to meet one-on-one with successful entrepreneurs and business experts. GreenMakerSPACE mentors are experienced entrepreneurs and business leaders with proven records of success in relevant cleantech industries or innovation-driven startups. Our mentors become a champion for their mentees, helping them:
- Build excellent business plans
- Gain customer discovery feedback
- Make strategic connections
- Fine-tune investor pitches
- Create strong employee teams
Participating mentors receive:
- Networking opportunities with other mentors, coaches and startup companies
- Discounted registration to all GreenMakerSPACE events
- Discounted registration to all UCCTC sponsored events, including certified trade missions to China, B2B matchmaking exchanges, and other high-profile conferences and Forums (e.g. Global Clean Vehicle Summit, U.S. – China Cleantech Innovation Forum)
Expectations and Time Commitments
GreenMakerSPACE mentors are valued resources. Mentors agree to offer their time, experience, and business advice on a strictly voluntary basis. How much time a Mentor spends with a particular venture will depend on their availability, willingness to participate, their particular skill set, and synergy between the parties. On average, mentors may spend a minimum of two hours per month with their mentees. Longer relationships, however, are welcomed and often forged. GreenMakerSPACE companies do not follow a structured program with deliverables providing a framework for mentorship.
As volunteers, mentors will not be asked to sign any contract, non-disclosure agreement or other legal document. Nor will mentors be asked to perform any work on behalf of their mentees.
It is important that GreenMakerSPACE companies trust their mentors as a valued partner. Mentors are expected to not pitch or solicit employment from their mentees during the program.
For additional information, contact:
Jeff Horowitz at email@example.com (United States)
Maya Ben Dror at firstname.lastname@example.org (Israel)
Jennifer Jia at Jennifer@uschinacleantech.org (China)